Technology Venture Formation
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
To be considered for this limited-enrollment course, you must submit a special application by August 23rd, 11:59 pm PDT. You will be notified of your application status by September 4th. (This deadline does not apply to Honors Cooperative students.)
The class involves a team project requiring significant time commitments. The course is open to graduate students, NDO, and Honors-Cooperative students.
What you will learn
- How to create a business model that will attract investors
- How to make an effective investment pitch
- How to build early-stage teams
- How to create a go-to-market strategy
There are no prerequisites other than a passion for creating new ventures and the ability to put in the required time.
NDO students: To apply, you must also submit your full NDO application and transcripts to SCPD customer service team if you are a new student.
- Effective brainstorming
- Marketing fundamentals and customer discovery
- Product development and unit economics
- Building a financial operating plan
- Investor pitches and VC term sheets
Note on Course Availability
This course is typically offered Autumn quarter.
The course schedule is displayed for planning purposes – courses can be modified, changed, or cancelled. Course availability will be considered finalized on the first day of open enrollment. For quarterly enrollment dates, please refer to our graduate certificate homepage.
For questions regarding the course content, please contact: