Empathize and Prototype: A Hands on Dive into the Key Tools of Design Thinking
Fee may apply
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Learn How To
- Engage customers to forge deep connections and gain valuable consumer insights
- Use a real business project to gain a clear set of empathy tools to uncover customer needs and insights that can drive great innovations in your work.
- Prototype concepts in a low-cost manner
- Learn to use rapid experimentation techniques to quickly visualize and bring your ideas to life, generate options, and increase the learning for your team at the start of projects.
- Rapidly test concepts with end users to gain insights about solutions and user needs and reduce your time to market
- Test ideas that are not fully formed to increase your team’s learning early in the development process and use feedback to vet concepts before they become too expensive to change.
- Synthesize findings into a compelling problem statement
- Develop a clear process and set of techniques to synthesize the quantitative and qualitative empathy work into a clear problem statement to drive your design work.
- $995 per online course
- $75 one-time document fee
Continuing Education Units
By completing this course, you’ll earn 1 Continuing Education Unit (CEU). CEUs cannot be applied toward any Stanford degree. CEU transferability is subject to the receiving institution’s policies.
Record of Completion
When you complete each course, you’ll receive an email with a link to download your Record of Completion. This email will be sent to the address you provide in your mystanfordconnection within 3 business days of course completion.
Please contact us at 650.741.1630 or
Watch a brief overview of the Empathize and Prototype course
Includes 60 days access to the online course homepage and digital color PDF's of presentations and handouts when available.
*Note: All amounts shown are in USD
60 day access to the online course starts upon payment.
Course materials are available for download from the online videos page. All materials are available for printing and review upon enrollment.
Online participants are asked to complete a final exam at the end of each course to maintain the integrity of the program. A score of 85% must be achieved to successfully pass the exam. A digital record of completion will be emailed to participants when they pass the exam.
It is required that participants complete the course evaluation once they have passed the final exam.
This course may not currently be available to learners in some states and territories.